Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Painting With Photoshop CS6, #1

It's funny how one can over-analyze plans and concepts, pondering and weighing, and letting those little worms gnaw into your gray matter...then, once action is actually taken, all worries cease and problems disappear!

Painting with Photoshop is just plain fun! Who cares about the meaning of art or the tradition of painting, when you have beautiful images right there on your screen, ready for print, sale, enjoyment, what have you:




What a nice little pomegranate flower painting, that took me only two days to paint in CS6. Look at all the yummy details possible, since I can zoom in to 500%+.




In fact, all those details are where I ran into trouble in the beginning. If I perfect each stroke, zoomed in so close, the finished result just looks like a photograph.




Even in the detail view, there isn't much in the way of color or brush stroke quality to distinguish the painting from the photo from which it was inspired. Why bother anyway? Well, I think I'll save that for my next post, as I get more advanced with the Photoshop CS6 "painting medium". Tutorials to follow, as well.





Add Adobe Illustrator to the mix, along with the previous hand-drawn and hand-painted images, and we have the beginning of some rather exciting new imagery for my pending project!